Thursday, May 14, 2009

Itinerary, etc.

So here it is...

I'll be leaving on Saturday (May 16th) from Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C. From Dulles I will be going to Ethiopa. I've never been there before! Or to any country in Africa for that matter.... I've never traveled outside of the country independently, so prayers that it all goes smoothly!

Back to the itinerary...I think there is a pit-stop in Rome...but I don't think I will get to experience much there...maybe just the airport.

The flight from Dulles to Ethiopia is about 15 hours all in all (wow!) Departure from Dulles is at 8pm so I am hoping to sleep for most of it... And then the next day, once I land in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, I will have an overnight lay-over on Sunday night, and then depart for Malawi on Monday morning, arriving in Lilongwe Monday early afternoon. So yes, I will be spending a night in Ethiopia, but a hotel is paid for and included in my fare, which makes my mind go a little easier. No worries, I will be safe, promise.

On another note...this is my first time really doing a blog, so hang in there if I don't get to it often or if it's not very exciting. I know the internet access in Malawi will be very limited, but I will try and keep you all updated as much as possible and post pictures, etc. :)

So, am I excited to be going? YES! So excited! I can't wait to get there and meet everyone and spend another summer working with World Relief. More on that later...now to finish packing...or start.

No comments:

Post a Comment